BBVA USA Personal Loan Overview
- Low APRs: With a minimum interest rate of 5.99%, BBVA personal loan interest rates are competitive compared to industry competitors. Keep in mind that only the most creditworthy borrowers will qualify for this low rate.
- Prequalify with a soft credit pull: BBVA offers a prequalification process to view your pre-approved rates without affecting your credit score
- Rate discount available: When getting your loan, if you enroll in auto payments you may qualify to lower your APR by 1%.
- Quick Funding: With BBVA, your personal loan could be approved, finalized, and funded all within the same day.
- Applying online requires an invitation: In order to apply for your personal loan online, you need to have an invitation code. This code is provided by BBVA via mail or email.
- Smaller maximum loan amount: With a maximum loan amount of $35,000 for online personal loans, BBVA max loan amounts are on the lower end of the spectrum compared to industry competitors.
- Discount for BBVA customers only: In order to be eligible for the rate discount, borrowers must be existing BBVA bank memebers.
BBVA Personal Loan Requirements
There is no minimum credit score requirement for a BBVA personal loan. However, the lowest APRs and highest loan amounts will only be available for higher credit borrowers.
With a maximum online loan amount of $35,000, borrowers interested in borrowing more than that can apply at a branch or by phone for the opportunity to borrow up to $100,000.
Individuals who have had a BBVA personal loan in the past 6 months or who have been turned down for a BBVA personal loan in the past 6 months are not eligible.
How to Apply for a BBVA Personal Loan
In order to apply for a BBVA personal loan online, you must have a BBVA express personal loan reservation code. This code is sent out to consumers through mail or email.
If you have your BBVA express personal loan reservation code, take the following steps to apply for your personal loan.
- Visit the BBVA Express personal Loan portal.
- Click the button labeled "Respond to a Reservation".
- Enter your reservation code.
- Provide some personal information. This is a prequalification, meaning checking your rates will not affect your credit score.
- If you like the offers you are presented, you may formally apply, after formally applying, BBVA may conduct a hard credit check which can affect your credit score.
- Finalize the loan by inputting the bank account you want the loan deposited into and agreeing to the final terms.
- Get your money into your account as soon as the same day.
If you do not have a BBVA Express reservation code, you can call or visit a BBVA Branch to apply for a BBVA personal loan. Below are the steps to getting a BBVA personal loan.
- Call 1-800-239-1009 or visit a local BBVA branch (Mississippi branch locations are listed below).
- Provide personal information to prequalify.
- If you like the terms of the offer, you can finalize your loan process and get your loan funded within the same day.